Exciting Entries for the EUSATCOM Innovation Awards 2013 Now Published
An exciting list of entries has been confirmed for the EUSATCOM Innovation Awards 2013, taking place in the EYE Filmmuseum, Amsterdam, on Monday September 16th 2013 from 18.00 h. to 23.00 h (CET).
With the satellite industry entering a new (IP-based) era, the Award entries give a good reflection of the state the satellite communications industry is in and the innovations we can expect in the coming time:
* A consortium around Eutelsat that has developed a SMART LNB, an innovative device that combines satellite TV and internet, potentially providing tens of millions of DTH consumers extra capabilities like interactive TV, social media, video on demand via IP-TV channels, multi-screen viewing in the home, and home automation services.
* Hispasat / 21NET present how they are making internet and multimedia available everywhere and in particular to more than 100,000 users in high speed trains.
* Galaxy1 and Pragmalogic present their innovative platform to manage Inmarsat mobile satellite systems both financially and operationally. The Value-Added Service (VAS) platform enables customers, system integrators and service providers to seize the opportunities of the strong growth in Internet of Things and satellite based M2M networks.
* The new UHDTV standard and 4K Video will bring video of higher quality to viewers worldwide. Newtec explains how the new DVB-S2 extensions provide the additional satellite bandwidth demands of UHDTV and 4K.
* The growing number of VSAT installations and new spotbeam satellites causes a growing number of interference incidents. Hear from the Satellite Interference Reduction Group (IRG) how Carrier ID provides an important tool to tackle this and to keep satellite links clean.
Don’t Miss this Unique Event
The EUsatcom Innovation Awards 2013 gives you an overview of innovative satcom solutions and is a perfect networking event for European satellite professionals, organized in co-operation with EuroSatProf. So come and invite your guests for an unforgettable satellite innovations evening at a fantastic location in Amsterdam.
The number of seats at the dinner is limited, so be sure not to miss the event and reserve your seats via eusatcom.net. This event is sponsored by Signalhorn, Newtec, Eutelsat, Intelsat, SSPI and Satlabs.